- Studies Show More COVID-19 Cases in Areas Without School Masking Policies September 24, 2021Today, CDC released three studies in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) that highlight the importance of using layered prevention strategies including universal masking to stop the spread and minimize disruptions to school operations for safe in-person education.
- CDC Statement on ACIP Booster Recommendations September 24, 2021CDC works 24/7 saving lives, protecting people from health threats, and saving money to have a more secure nation. A US federal agency, CDC helps make the healthy choice the easy choice by putting science and prevention into action. CDC works to help people live longer, healthier and more productive lives.
- CDC to Invest $2.1 Billion to Protect Patients and Healthcare Workers from COVID-19 and Future Infectious Diseases September 17, 2021CDC to invest $2.1 billion in infection control to support state and other public health departments against COVID-19.
- Number of States with High Obesity Prevalence Rises to Sixteen September 15, 2021The number of states in which at least 35% of residents are obese has nearly doubled since 2018 – and disparities persist - according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- AmeriCorps and CDC Launch Public Health AmeriCorps, Seek Proposals to Build a New Generation of Public Health Leaders September 8, 2021AmeriCorps, the federal agency for volunteering and national service, has launched Public Health AmeriCorps, a new partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to support the recruitment, training, and development of a new generation of public health leaders who will be ready to respond to the nation’s public health needs.
- CDC Announces More Than $300 Million in Funding to Support Community Health Workers September 3, 2021The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) awarded more than $116 million in year one, of a three-year, $348 million program, to organizations for community health worker (CHW) services to support COVID-19 prevention and control.
- CDC launches COVID-19 resources for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities August 31, 2021CDC works 24/7 saving lives, protecting people from health threats, and saving money to have a more secure nation. A US federal agency, CDC helps make the healthy choice the easy choice by putting science and prevention into action. CDC works to help people live longer, healthier and more productive lives.
- CDC Statement Following ACIP Pfizer-BioNTech Vote August 30, 2021Today, CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, M.D., M.P.H., endorsed the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ (ACIP) recommendation for use of the Pfizer-BioNTech’s licensed vaccine for people 16 and older.
- CDC Investigation Update: CDC identifies source in Salmonella outbreak linked to Italian-style meats August 26, 2021CDC identifies source in Salmonella outbreak linked to Italian-style meats.
- Vice President Kamala Harris Opens New CDC Southeast Asia Regional Office in Vietnam August 25, 2021CDC works 24/7 saving lives, protecting people from health threats, and saving money to have a more secure nation. A US federal agency, CDC helps make the healthy choice the easy choice by putting science and prevention into action. CDC works to help people live longer, healthier and more productive lives.
The winter Olympics are in full swing. As captivating and inspiring as it may be, make sure you get some more movement than from your bed to the screen! #MondayMotivation #WinterOlympics2018
True friends are a blessing. Show them how much they mean to you with these beautiful greeting card ideas! #SendACardToAFriendDay
Stress is terrible for your mind and heart! Learn to de-stress, relax, and stay healthy and happy! #NationalHeartMonth
Tu B’Shvat is a celebration honoring the the trees and fruits of Israel, and at Friendship, we celebrated it in style! Our senior group made this “4 fruits bark” that tasted just as good as it looks! #TuBshvat
Art is beneficial for everyone. For people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and dementia, therapeutic art programs stimulate their minds, while giving them a sense of accomplishment! #InspireYourHeartWithArtDay
Stay warm this brutal winter by adding sunshine into someone’s life with a simple compliment! #NationalComplimentDay
Anorexia symptoms in elders often go undetected. Unusual eating may be noticed, but it never occurs to family or friends that an eating disorder might be the problem, since these conditions are usually diagnosed in younger people. Recognize the signs! #HealthWeightWeek
Let’s not allow that New Year’s spirit to fade. What did you challenge yourself with for the new year and what is your plan to stick to it? #NewYearsResolutions
There are a lot of wonderful things about winter; the dryness it causes in your skin may not be one of them. Learn how to be able to fully enjoy the season, dry-skin free! #WinterSkinReliefDay